Monday, May 19, 2008

AIDS Walk


I survived the AIDS Walk, though it was quite a mob scene. For some reason it seemed more congested this year, but maybe that's just because I was trying to keep my team more or less together and that proved very difficult! Anyway, we did well and we raised at least $13,500. Thanks to those of you who donated! You can see photos here.

After the walk I was pretty exhausted. I went to lunch with my friend Rob in Queens, who I haven't seen in quite a while, and checked out his new apartment. Then I came home and did stuff around the house. I couldn't manage to get to the gym this morning. Enough is enough!

(Photo: E. 29th Street, May 2008)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed, enough IS enough!

Congrats on raising so much money. Thank you! Have a restful week, if possible?

Anonymous said...

a fundraising walk being more congested than usual is a GOOD THING!!

thanks for walking and helping fight the fight! wow you guys raised a lot of bucks!!

maybe reya can give you a cyber massage????

Anonymous said...

Mouse is right--I was walking in the very first walks, and in one very rainy one a while back that was hard work due to the weather not cooperating at all. --I would take congestion and the great great support! I haven't walked in a while but always sponsor someone. I walked a charity walk a while back and only a few dozen people showed up, and only 10,000 gotten total. That was a sad walk.

Bravo to you and your team for raising that kind of cash!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice job Steve.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the walk and for raising such a large sum of money. I was keeping an eye out for you but obviously didn't see you.

I was a bit disillusioned by the lack of organization during the walk itself this year. All those folks trying to funnel past the starting line was tiresome as was the weather. Still in all, the walk was a success - the most successful to date!

After the walk I took a nice long, comfortable nappie. I love that.