Tuesday, November 3, 2009

New Camera


As I wandered the field next to Dave's apartment complex on Sunday, I experimented with various settings on my fab new camera. I was struck by how different a shot could look by hitting just a button or two. For example, above is without the flash, and below is with.


Granted, in this case, my old camera could have taken similar shots. But the image quality is definitely better now (these are low-res versions). I also love the fact that this camera doesn't telescope my images so severely that the moon appears like a little pinprick -- that's how it always looked in pictures with my old camera. This one preserves the proper perspective.

I am going to have SO MUCH FUN with this camera! I wish I had more hours of daylight -- it's a drag that we've just switched off Daylight Saving Time. I'll have to go out and shoot on my lunch hour!

4 comments:

Reya Mellicker said...

It's exciting - makes me want a new camera, too. Very cool.

Who knows? You may really get into nighttime photography, at least until springtime. I'm so looking forward to seeing how this wonderful gift inspires you.

Barbara said...

This just made me realize how I need someone to teach me how to do more than point and shoot! I'm sure you will continue to discover cool things to do with your new camera.

Laurie Keller said...

Can't wait to see your adventures with the new camera. So far so good! Happy Belated Birthday. Love to you from The Prairie.

lettuce said...

yay again

:-)