Thursday, August 26, 2010

Busy!


Haven't had much time for the blog world this week! I've been very busy with the new job -- I've had night meetings the last two nights in a row, and I have another tonight. I may not go, though, because I'd have to charge overtime, and no employer likes that.

Tomorrow I'm off to Southampton to visit my friend Pam, who I haven't seen in months. Dave can't go because he's enmeshed in band camp this week, so I'm just going to buzz out there in Florence and then come back Saturday. (I'd considered taking the train, but you've probably heard that the Long Island Railroad has been besieged by mechanical problems this week -- so I think I'll stick to my car.)

Among my interesting articles this week: A possible bedbug infestation in a government office building. Yikes!

(Photo: Feeling monstrous in Manhattan, Aug. 4)

5 comments:

Barbara said...

I had heard bedbugs in NY had reached epidemic levels. But an office building -- that's a new one! I'm glad you are throwing yourself into the new job. It's nice to be busy again (and being paid for it), yes?

The Bug said...

My boss & I were talking about bed bugs yesterday. He travels a lot & is freaked out about the possibility of bringing them home with him.

Hope you have a good trip in your new car!

Dave said...

Miss you already.

Merle Sneed said...

Bedbugs, yikes! People even have them here in Hooterville.

dennis said...

Dennis fears bedbugs! The "Most Infested" cities in The US are:

New York
Philadelphia
Washington DC
Detroit
Cincinnati
Columbus
Cleveland
Dayton
Boston
Los Angeles
Denver
Chicago
Indianapolis
Louisville
Minneapolis