Friday, May 27, 2011

Gaia


This is one of the prints I own by the artist Gaia -- you might recall I have two. I love these prints, and I am in a quandary about what to do with them when we go to London. They are very large -- this one is almost four feet high, and about 3 1/2 feet wide. Its companion is roughly the same size, though a slightly different shape.

They're framed with plexiglass, so at least I wouldn't have to worry about glass breaking if I decided to ship them. But the frames really can't be dismantled -- not without ruining them -- and they cost even more than the prints themselves. How does one send something so unwieldy all the way across the ocean? Any ideas?

2 comments:

37paddington said...

I love that print. Where can one find Gaia's art for purchase?

Sorry, no real ideas about shipping. Except perhaps an art museum could put you in touch with companies who do this sort of transporting.

Steve Reed said...

I got these prints at a gallery show Gaia did at the Ad Hoc gallery in Bushwick. I'm not sure Ad Hoc still exists, but it was on Bogart Street near the Morgan Street subway stop. He may have a website -- I'm not sure.