Sunday, December 23, 2012

Two More London Photos


Well, we made it to Florida, but I haven't had a chance to take any photos yet -- so you're getting two more London pictures from my walk through Leyton and Walthamstow.

Our flight was uneventful -- just really long. I plowed through a lot of "Vanity Fair" (I'm on page 640-something) and watched a very peculiar movie called "Ruby Sparks." It had its charms, but it's one of those movies that sets up an impossible premise and then fails to explain itself. One of the final lines was actually something like, "I don't really need to explain this." You know what? You do.


Anyway, we landed in Tampa yesterday evening and my mom picked us up at the airport. We came to her house and I haven't even seen daylight here yet. I managed to sleep until 5 a.m., which of course is really 10 a.m. according to my internal clock. My body is confused.

One thing we have noticed: moonlight. We never see moonlight or stars in London. But as we got out of my mom's car and made our way up the front walk, an incredible blue-white light patterned the yard. I'd forgotten what it looks like.

5 comments:

Lynne said...

Welcome back Steve! There is something to be said about living in the country ... And, I hate jet lag! I think it's worse coming this direction.

Reya Mellicker said...

Moonlight and starlight are good for you!

You don't even see the moon in London? Good lord.

Have a wonderful Christmas. As you know, I find it comforting knowing that you're on the same continent. Don't ask me to explain ... ha! I'm as convoluted as that movie.

Ms. Moon said...

Yeah. We sure do have stars and the moon.
I love Cafe Aroma. I would totally name a cafe that.

Now have fun!

ellen abbott said...

Welcome back and have a great holiday. No moon in London? Are your nights always overcast?

e said...

Funnily enough this post reminded me of my stay in a London flat as a teenage where I did glimpse a few stars from my bedroom window. Enjoy your family visit.