Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Up in the Air


Not much to tell this morning. I got some sobering news from Florida about my dad's health, so I'm keeping an eye on that and debating whether to buy an airplane ticket for Christmas. Dave and I had decided to stay here in England because of the expense -- tickets at Christmas are ridiculously expensive -- but now I'm thinking I might just take the plunge and go, even if it's just me.

(Photo: Sculpture by Nic Fiddian Green at Economist Plaza, London.)

5 comments:

37paddington said...

Sorry to hear about your dad. I think you should go if you can. Even if you go right after Xmas when fares fall a bit. Sending good thoughts.

e said...

I agree with Angella and do let me know what's going on if you care to. How was your trip?

Ms. Moon said...

Yeah- could you get away right after Christmas? Things will be less harried then, not to mention cheaper.
I hope the best for your dad.

The Bug said...

Sending healing thoughts to Florida...

Elizabeth said...

I'm sorry to hear about your father. There's something very paternal and majestic about that photo, though --