Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Bottle Cap Art


Yesterday afternoon I had to meet someone for coffee in Maida Vale -- a friend of a friend who is in college studying journalism, and wanted to talk about the business. On the way home, walking through Notting Hill, I glanced down an alley and saw this colorful artwork.


These creations made of bottle caps decorated plywood sheets on the doors and windows of a building. I'm not sure who did them or why, but they were interesting!




I'm calling it "Bottle Cap Art," but as you can see there were other objects incorporated as well, including vinyl records and mirrors.


These two women decided to use the art as a backdrop for a long series of fashion-model-type photos. They posed, walked, vamped and carried on for a while, which was pretty amusing to watch.

7 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

I love it! Something about that art just charms me to pieces!

Vivian said...

oh my..so pretty!

Sharon said...

I like this too! Very creative!

37paddington said...

Beautiful and creative pieces. Thanks for sharing!

The Bug said...

LOVE all the bright colors! I wonder how many drinks I'd have to drink to make something pretty like that? :)

Lynne said...

Very creative! Just goes to show that art will find a way. I love the fifth pic down -- love the shallow DOF. Makes me want to create a mosaic of my own!

Linda Sue said...

those are really beautiful! Clever! I am thinking that you could create a fabulous collage with stamps. Are you skipping over the channel soon?